obsession: tabata

The only thing I love more than a ring-your-bra-out sweat sesh is a short ring-your-bra-out sweat sesh. And that's why I love Tabata--a short, intense workout that burns a whole-lotta fat.

You may have noticed Tabata workouts frequently on My Daily Workout Log. So what is it?



The Tabata Method is a form of high-intensity interval training. Developed by Izumi Tabata, it is a supra-aerobic cardio workout in which you perform one exercise with maximum effort for 20 seconds, followed by 10 seconds of rest. You then repeat that 8 times for a total of 4 minutes.

Example:
20 Sec - Squat Jumps
10 Sec - Rest
Repeat 8 times = 4 minutes
Make sense?
 
I usually choose 6 exercises for a total of 30 minutes, and trust me, that's enough. Since the Tabata Method is an intense workout in itself, I stick to body weight exercises and sometimes add resistance bands.

Grab a timer and a towel and get-er-dun in 30 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment