A nutritious twist on a breakfast favorite.



I'm one of those people who needs protein with every meal. When I go to breakfast, I can never order waffles, pancakes or french toast...I want my eggs!

On my high carb days, I eat oatmeal for breakfast. I've used the add-vanilla-protein-powder trick for a while, but I've noticed it gives the oatmeal a real grainy texture. I came across a new way to add protein to your oatmeal on the Peanut Butter Fingers blog--egg whites! I know, it may sound weird or disgusting, but if you prepare it right, it's AMAZING.

Step 1:
Put 1/2 cup of dry oats in a pot (I use Trader Joe's Gluten-free Rolled Oats), followed by 1 cup of water. Crack (or pour) in 3 egg whites. Then add the rest of your tasty ingredients. I use cinnamon, Stevia and vanilla extract.

Step 2:
Before you turn the heat on, mix everything together as good as you can. Things are going to cook up quickly, so you need to make sure the mixture is even.

Step 3:
Turn the heat on Low/Medium. Continue to stir and don't stop until it's completely cooked. If you let it sit, the eggs will clump up and it won't be mixed together properly.

Step 4:
Add your toppings and eat up! I like to add berries, sliced almonds and/or honey.


No comments:

Post a Comment