sunday runday

How can I not when I live here? Here're my pre- and post-run routines...

While still rehabilitating a torn Achilles (May 2011), I need to spend extra time warming up for any physical activity. Since running is extremely hard on your joints and tendons, pre-activation and regeneration is just as important as the run. Sometimes, I feel like I spend more time on my warm-up than I do on the run itself, but it's better than another injury, right?


Pre-Run:

1. Drink a protein shake (Designer Whey in Chocolate).
2. Drink some caffeine (Slimquick).
3. Foam roll: IT Band / Quads / Back / Calves (So much better in the comfort of your own home. Make faces, squeal, scream, get into compromising positions.)
4. Stretch. Pay extra attention to calves, hips, hip flexors, quads.
5. Strap on your iPod and GO!

Post-Run:
1. Stretch out.
2. Ice your problem areas (I play footsies with an icepack).
3. Get in a big, nutritious meal with plenty of protein!

No comments:

Post a Comment