reps on reps on reps

Nestled right up above my old college hangover chomping grounds is, ironically a studio for, GASP, physical activity. When I bought my $19 unlimited month pass to Physique on 6th on Living Social, I didn’t know that anything else existed on Redondo Ave. and 6th St. but eggs, potatoes, toast and lots of coffee.



I was drawn to Physique on 6th first for the discount, second for the Pilates classes, and third because I was in a walking boot and I thought that maybe, just maybe, I found a way to burn at least some calories. I was nervous that the owner and instructor, Rebecca Cisneros, would turn me away because of my injury, but she welcomed me into the class with modifications and tons encouragement.


Some of the classes Physique on 6th offers are Power Pilates, Barre, Sculpt, Zumba, and more. While I was only able to physically try Power Pilates and Barre, I had a great experience during my $19 month at the small studio.

Rebecca and the rest of the training staff create a real community feel during the class, making every client work together to get through the seemingly neverending reps…leaving you, as a community, sore in places you forgot were there.

Physique on 6th is perfect for the woman (sorry guys) who wants to get back in shape in an un-intimidating, non-judgemental, affordable way. You’ll also be comforted to know that you’re in the hands of genuine trainers that sincerely care about your progress.

You won’t leave with a soaked sports bra, but the controlled movements will leave your neglected muscles fatigued.

Oh, and good luck getting passed the smell of heaven coming out of Eggs Etc. after your morning Power Pilates…300 calories out, 900 calories in.

No comments:

Post a Comment