my stretching playlist

You know that uh-mazing feeling when you finally finish a long run or grueling workout? It gets better...

The Stretch.

Similar to how high-energy tunes bumpin' in your ears gives you that extra push, switching to some slow jams can help you relax and get deeper into your stretch. When I accomplish an extreme sweat sesh, I trade Lil' Wayne for Al Green, Lady Gaga for Ellie Goulding and the Foo Fighters for The Shins.

Stretching has so many benefits, including speeding up muscle recovery, increasing range of motion, decreasing risk of injury and improving your overall athletic performance--so don't skimp on it.

Here is my current stretching playlist--a mix of R&B, soul, blues and soft rock--that relaxes my muscles and helps me breath when I'm painfully deep in pigeon pose.

1. Put Your Records On - Corrine Bailey Rae
2. Another Day - Jamie Lidell
3. Tears - Frank Ocean
4. Loft Music - The Weeknd
5. Love and Happiness - Al Green
6. New Slang - The Shins
7. The Writer - Ellie Goulding
8. Take Me Away - John Legend
9. Pretty Wings - Maxwell
10. Come Close to Me - Common
11. The Morning - The Weeknd
12. Marvin's Room - Drake
13. Let's Stay Together - Al Green
14. The Only Living Boy in New York - Simon and Garfunkel
15. Maxine - John Legend

Close your eyes and "breath, stretch, shake...let it go."

No comments:

Post a Comment