Happy Trails

My combined love for running and hiking brought me a new obsession: trail running. I've always envied trail runners--while I'm huffing and puffing up a steep hill during a hike and I hear "ON YOUR LEFT" as someone trots on by me. One day, I've gotta do that, I always think. I decided to take the plunge on a beginner trail run in the Newport Upper Back Bay. 

It just so happened to be my one-year anniversary of rupturing my Achilles, so what better way to celebrate than running the shit out of it? Don't worry, I gave it some myofascial pampering before and ice-pack loving after.

The Newport Upper Back Bay is perfect for novice trail runners--large, main trails and small, bushy trails for an added challenge. While there are minimal hills, but there are still some climbs to get you burning and breathing heavy.

Something tells me this is going to be my gateway drug into a new fitness obsession.

The whole loop is 10 miles but due to uhh…time…yea, time…I only ran 4 miles. And yes, my sports bra was soaked.


Getting there:

I parked off of University Dr, just south of Irvine Ave at the Back Bay Lookout. Parking is free in the lot and there is also plenty of street parking. There are plenty of trails to jump on--start running and don't stop.

Happy birthday, BITCH!








No comments:

Post a Comment