hungover hanging



Photo Credit: TRX Training Center

Kettle bells, Swiss balls, resistance bands, medicine balls…if you’re like me, you’re a sucker for, what I call, “fitness toys.” Naturally, I jumped on the TRX Suspension Training bandwagon and dropped $200 to own a pair of canvas straps…and I don’t regret it one bit.
As I was planning a trip up to San Francisco to visit my best friend, I had to squeeze in a class at the TRX Training Center. I booked my class for Saturday morning, despite my plan to be dehydrated and under-the-weather from Friday night.

“You’re really going to go hang from straps right now?!” my friend moaned at 8:00 AM Friday morning. I couldn’t believe it either, but I threw on my Vibrams and walked my hungover ass to their studio in Russian Hill.

I took TRX Body Blast with an intense, take-no-shit trainer. He didn’t smile once, didn’t crack a joke…but I didn’t care because he kicked my ass.

The one-hour total-body suspension training session included:
Movement Preparation
Lower Body
Upper Body Anterior
Upper Body Posterior
Core/Abs

I had sweat out every cocktail by the beginning of Lower Body.

It was unlike any TRX class I’ve ever taken at a health club…this was the real deal. I got an amazing total-body workout and learned some pretty sweet new moves to try on my own.

Visit the TRX Training Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment